The three state-of-the-art Container Freight Stations (CFSs) at Kolkata, Mumbai and Chennai that form part of our SBU: Logistics Infrastructure (LI), besides the warehousing & distribution facilities at Kolkata & Coimbatore, is testimony to the Company’s ability to successfully handle a whole range of cargo promptly and safely. Be it over dimensional, perishable, temperature sensitive or standard cargo, Balmer Lawrie is wholly equipped for secure handling and on-time delivery of cargo. LI provides an array of services to the export-import trade.
Balmer Lawrie is amongst the leaders in Logistics infrastructure in the country and offers the following services to its customers:
- Transportation of containers to/from Ports
- Full Container Load (FCL) delivery
- Destuffing, storage and delivery
- Handling Over Dimensional and Out of Gauge containers
- Handling and monitoring Reefer Containers
- Consolidation and de-consolidation of Less Container Load (LCL)
- Handling of cargo for exports
- Covered warehousing facility for storage of EXIM cargo
- Handling and storing Break Bulk Cargo
- General & Bonded Warehousing (covered & open)
- Tracking of Containers using RFID and SMS facility
All our CFSs are accredited with ISO 9001:2008, ISO 14001:2004 and OHSAS 18001:2007. Our CFSs were the first CFSs in India to introduce RFID through GPS & GPRS technology for container tracking.
SBU LI believes that Quality is never an accident and it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction and skillful execution. The SBU team is highly committed to understanding customers' expectations and continuously strives to exceed these expectations by delivering on time and defect free services.